RELAYS Project - Job Opportunities: Three (3) Coordinator Positions!!!
Resiliency Education Leadership Adventure & Youth Service
Resiliency Activity Coordinator (1)
Adventure Activity Coordinator (1)
Community Service Activity Coordinator (1)
The Cape Breton Regional Police Service is spearheading the 5-year National Crime Prevention Centre RELAYS project aimed at preventing violence by high-risk youth ages 12-17 in CBRM. The 3 Coordinators (Resiliency, Adventure, Community Service) will report directly to the RELAYS Executive Director to coordinate RELAYS activities implemented from 6 community offices, each with a Facilitator and 2 Youth Workers.
- Spearhead and coordinate development of youth activities (Resiliency, Adventure, or Community Service) for high-risk youth participants, carried out by 6 RELAYS community offices (New Waterford, Glace Bay, Whitney Pier, Sydney, Eskasoni, and Northside).
- Develop and sustain effective relationships, communication, and a team culture with other RELAYS staff, project partners, stakeholder communities, and target youth.
- Report to the Executive Director to resolve day-to-day issues involving 6 community offices.
- Implement effective tracking of youth violence prevention strategies related to Resiliency, Adventure, or Community Service.
- Ensure that RELAYS activities are implemented effectively and efficiently within project constraints.
• Exceptional verbal, presentation, and listening skills
• Effective in building trust, collaboration, and a team approach
• Creative in generating structured youth activities
• Intuitive and resourceful in problem-solving
• Able to manage stress calmly and effectively
• Insightful, creative, collaborative, and flexible
• Culturally aware, and consistently sensitive and respectful to the needs of others
• Exemplary role model in personal behaviour
• Strong work ethic with unwavering integrity in decisions and actions
• Able to earn the respect of others through positive attitudes and active engagement
• Attentive to important details while sustaining a focus on project goals
• University degree or equivalent
• 5+ years experience developing structured activities for marginalized program participants
• Deep-level understanding of the challenges and needs of high-risk youth
• Extensive experience in outdoor and adventure-based activities
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Strong team player and motivator
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong computer proficiency
• Insured vehicle with valid driver’s license
• Criminal Record and Child Registry Check clearance
CBRM site to be determined.
$32,700 - $40,040 per year
Email an informal paragraph about yourself with resume attached as a Word file by Wednesday, October 28, 2015. Indicate your Coordinator theme preference and whether you wish to be considered for the other positions.
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to : RELAYS, 77 Kings Road, Sydney, NS, B1S 1A2
Latest News & Upcoming Events