RELAYS PROJECT - JOB OPPORTUNITY!!!
Job Description: Executive Assistant
RELAYS - Resiliency Education Leadership Adventure and Youth Services
General Description: Executive Assistant
The Cape Breton Regional Municipality's Mayor and Council approached the CBRPS to spearhead an initiative aiming to improve the lives of high-risk youth and the families and communities within which they are embedded. The solution proposed by the Regional Police is the RELAYS project.
The project requires an Executive Assistant for a period of five years. The Executive Assistant will report to the Executive Director of the RELAYS project. The Executive Assistant will ensure a smooth and efficient operation of the office.
Accountability and Responsibilities:
- General office duties.
- Read, research and route correspondence, drafting letters and documents and initiating telecommunications.
- Helps to maintain executive's appointment schedule by assisting in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Welcomes inquiries in person or on the phone and ensures timely response.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Assist with maintaining community relationships and networks.
- Prepares communications pieces as required.
- Maintains office supply inventory, expediting orders and verifying receipts.
- Develops and maintains filing system; records meeting discussions.
- Mail - Purolator, general mail.
- Professional communication with partners, agency representatives and sponsors.
- Assist with preparation of project events.
- Participation at events as requested.
- Minimum of some post secondary education.
- Comfortable in a multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Good familiarity with computers and Microsoft office.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skill.
- Effective listener.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High standard of confidentiality.
- High level of enthusiasm.
- Understanding of the challenges and needs that face youth at risk.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Knowledge of local youth services and restorative approach considered an asset.
- Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Sound work ethics.
- Has a personal commitment and a strong sense to ethics.
- Normal office environment.
- Sensitive and changing environment.
- Multiple agenda environment.
- Willingness to make best effort to meet specific deadlines.
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Resumes: Friday, October 9, 2015
Latest News & Upcoming Events