Economics for Success - Junior Achievement of NS
On behalf of Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia please take a moment to review the information provided below:
Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia is reaching out to you to help facilitate our Economics for success program.
In Economics for Success, grade 9 students take a closer look at the advantages of staying in school, as well as learn what’s needed to succeed in today’s workforce. Volunteers from the local business community partner with classroom teachers to help students see the link between education and achieving their goals.
During this in-class program, students use games and multimedia to:
- Learn why it’s important to stay in school and explore several post-secondary options
- Consider how today’s opportunities can lead to future success
- Map their interests, skills and passions to possible careers
- Develop valuable job searching skills including networking, volunteering, working with a mentor and interviewing
- Create a budget to prepare for the financial reality of post-secondary life
- Learn the importance of making ethical choices and how these choices can impact their employment opportunities
- Understand that it takes planning to achieve their educational, life and career goals
JA is looking for the assistance from the community to facilitate Economics for Success at Breton Education Centre and Oceanview Education Centre on February 24th, full morning. Please help us bring this important program to these schools.
For further information contact:
Maria MacDonald, Program Manager
Latest News & Upcoming Events